Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2012

Method 5

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doug88888/6002884290/

I have included a basic photo from flickr to see how easy it is to take a photo and share it with the world.  I think saring photos online can be a great way to promote the library and show whats happening at our local branch.  But, being the wife of a police officer, it is also important to me to keep my children safe from people that might like the chance to abuse those photos.  I think it is fair for libraries to use photos that are taken in public and not label the names of the individuals in the photos.  The library is displaying what any person that was in the public place would have seen at the time, and not identifying the subjects' names is an effective way to keep them from being exploited by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment